The documented body of experience with Home Grown School Feeding (HGSF) continues to grow. This section is designed to highlight to the user the different school feeding modaliites and programmes that countries have put in place and how different elements of the the school feeding programmes have been implemented and what effect they have had on the programmes successful or otherwise.
The case studies highlighted here include countries who have been implementing HGSF programmes for a number of years, particularly in Latin America and southern Africa. This operational evidence from countries that have successfully transitioned to sustainable programmes provides benchmarking information for good practice.
Case studies of HGSF programmes across sub-Saharan Africa are also being developed, featuring profiles of current operations as well as innovative interventions that have translated into benefits for smallholder farmers and the local community.
HGSF Case Studies
- Namibian School Feeding Programme Case Study
- Botswana School Feeding Programme Final Report
- School Feeding, Seasonality and Schooling Outcomes: A Case Study from Malawi
- Osun State HGSF and Health Programme, Nigeria
Other Case Studies
- School Feeding Programmes in India
- Chiles school feeding programme targeting experience
- HGSF in the Bawku West District Ghana
- Brazil School Feeding Programme
All Case Studies can be found in the HGSF Resource Bank